Alexander Ching, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
Dr. Alexander Ching is a board certified orthopedic spine surgeon with over a decade of experience. He specializes in spinal deformity and minimally invasive spine procedures and treats a full range of spine conditions, including bulging discs, spinal stenosis, and sciatica. He is also trained in cervical disc replacement and other forms of cervical spine surgery.
Dr. Ching graduated from Yale with a Bachelor of Arts, and attended medical school at Columbia University. He then completed his orthopedic internship and residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, as well as a spine surgery fellowship at Oregon Health & Sciences University. Before joining Oregon Spine Care, Dr. Ching was an Assistant Professor at Oregon Health & Sciences University for about 8 years.
Throughout his career, Dr. Ching has been heavily involved in research on the treatment of spine conditions. He has published numerous journal articles in Spine and the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, and has given lectures on the national level. He has been named as one of Portland's Top Doctors for several years in a row. Dr. Ching is a member of a number of academic societies focused on spine surgery including the Cervical Spine Research Society and the Lumbar Spine Research Society.
- Undergraduate: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Medical: Columbia University, New York, NY
- Internship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency:Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Philadelphia, PA
- Adult Spine Surgery Fellowship: Oregon Health & Sciences University, Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Portland, OR
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Oregon Association of Orthopaedics
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- Lumbar Spine Research Society
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
- Providence St Vincent's Medical Center
- Oregon Surgical Institute